The Impact-O-Graph analog impact g-force recorders have a long history of accurately measuring shocks that occur during product transportation. For over 40 years, manufacturers and the military have used our well designed, durable and reliable recorders to warn recipients when mishandling has occurred to valuable shipments. Shocks up to 30 times the force of gravity (30g) can be identified immediately by examining the chart. See a video click here.
Analog Impact G-Force Recorders | Impact-O-Graph
Impact-O-Graph Analog Shock Recorder
- Detects and records all shocks (up to 30g), time and direction of impact on the X, Y, and Z axis lines.
- Logs impact events for up to six months with one standard C-Cell battery.
- Analog recorder uses pressure sensitive paper to document impacts.
- Impact data is viewable throughout the mission.
Part Number: *Contact Sales Rep for part numbers.
Mount the Impact Recorder securely to the object to be monitored. It is recommended that the X-axis be mounted along the direction of travel if this is known.
Remove the stylus guard and set the chart paper to the starting time. Turn the recorder on and lock the cover if desired. The recorder is ready to document impacts on pressure sensitive paper.
Charts the magnitude, direction and time of impact up to 30 G force. Three mass-spring styluses work independently of each other measuring X, Y and Z axis. Each stylus operates by angular vibration with one degree of freedom in the direction it monitors. The mechanical friction-free linkage from each stylus converts motion from any of the three directions into the same plane and draws these forces onto the chart paper. As a result, the data can be easily read and appropriate action be taken if necessary.
Read Siemens article on transformer transport and the use of impact recorders.
Ideal for various applications…
- Energy and Utilities
- Biotechnology and Drugs
- Aerospace and Defense
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Devices and Supplies
- Aerospace and Defense
- Furniture and Fixtures
- Auto and Truck Manufacturers
- Logistics / Transport and Storage
- Food and Beverage
- And more…
How to Apply
lOG Recorders are delivered ready-to-use with paper and battery already installed (no ink is used). An Operations Manual is provided with each recorder.
Mount the Impact Recorder securely to the object to be monitored.
Remove the stylus guard and set the chart paper to the starting time
Turn the recorder on. Lock the cover if desired. The recorder is ready to document impacts on pressure sensitive paper.
- Being Analog in a Digital World Benefits of using an analog monitoring device
- Monitoring Shipments – ROI Monitoring your shipments can save your company money.
- What G Level Do I Need? Our most common question from customers. Learn how to determine the device g level.
- G Force Read about potential damage to your shipment caused by G Force.
9 1⁄2 X 5 1⁄8 X 3 3⁄4” 29.5 X 11.5 cm
4 lbs 1.8 kilo
5 lbs 2.3 kilo
-20°F to +220°F -29°C to +104°C
*Contact Sales Rep for part numbers
There are no reviews yet.